Data Security & Privacy
We offer Data Security & Privacy Practice Group focuses on the evolving business, technological and legal issues relating to the security and privacy of networks and data recognizes that many clients are seeking guidance in determining what their privacy obligations are and how to move their organization towards full compliance with relevant privacy legislation.
With expertise across various countries, our Group provides privacy advice and support that is based on a solid understanding of a client’s industry, their organization’s operations, the statutory and regulatory landscape, and the essential electronic and information technology components .
We represent clients in investigations, crisis response to data breach incidents, litigation, government relations, counseling and transactions.
We also provide:
- Development or review of your organization’s information practices, including privacy, confidentiality and security policies and procedures and agreements
- Assistance with Privacy Audits, Privacy Questionnaires and Privacy Risk Analysis tools and identifying gaps, issues and potential problems
- Development of draft privacy statements, notices, consent forms, confidentiality pledges, web statements and brochures
- Assistance with regulatory compliance with federal and provincial privacy legislation, guidelines and codes
- Assistance with managing privacy breaches, investigations, notifications, complaints and access requests